LOCAL GOVERNMENT RESPONSE TOWARDS COVID-19 PANDEMIC
Chair:Carlos Nunes Silva
The session 'Local Government Response Towards Covid-19 Pandemic' aims to examine and to discuss strategies, plans, policy measures, and actions taken by local government towards the COVID-19 pandemic, around the world, its outcomes and impacts, as well as lessons for the future. Among other issues, the session aims to address the following: 1. Strategies, plans, policy measures, and actions adopted by local government to control and shape the spread of the COVID-19 pandemic locally; 2. Strategies, plans, policy measures, and actions adopted by local government to tackle the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on health, on society and on the local economy; 3. Strategies, plans, policy measures, and actions employed by local government to distribute resources and care among local populations; 4. Cooperation with local community organizations and citizen initiatives during the pandemic; 5. Relationship between local government strategies, plans, policy measures, and actions towards COVID-19 pandemic and public behaviour; 6. Effectiveness of local government strategies, plans, policy measures, and actions, taken in different countries , in the reduction of the local spread of COVID-19; 7. Changes in central-local relations (decentralization / re-centralization); 8. Innovations in multi-level governance to tackle more effectively the COVID-19 pandemic; 9. Role of inter-municipal cooperation and metropolitan government in this context; 10. Cross-border municipal and regional cooperation during the pandemic; 11. Local government strategies, plans, policy measures, and actions for the post COVID-19 crisis; 12. Lessons for the future governance of cities and other human settlements learnt from this pandemic. This session is associated with the action plan developed by the IGU Commission on Geography of Governance - 'IGU-CGoG COVID-19 Action Plan' (for more information, see the commission website: https://sites.google.com/view/igucgog-covid19/home). It is expected that a selection of this session papers will be published in the Springer Series 'Local and Urban Governance' (https://www.springer.com/series/16129).
- URBAN PLANNING AFTER COVID-19
- THE CHANGING FACE OF MIGRATION POST COVID-19
- POST-COVID-19 GLOBAL PANDEMIC AND NEW WORLD ECONOMIC ORDER
- LOCAL GOVERNMENT RESPONSE TOWARDS COVID-19 PANDEMIC
- HUMAN MOBILITY IN TIMES OF PANDEMIC IS GOING LOCAL?
- POST COVID-19 GLOBAL PANDEMIC NEW WORLD ECONOMIC ORDER 2020
- THE TREND AND EFFECTS OF CORONA VARIOUS IN THE RURAL AREA ECONOMY OF IRAN(MAZANDARAN PROVINCE)
- WOMEN IN COVID-19
- BRIDGING IN A COVIDIAN WORLD (OF STILL) INCREASING INEQUALITIES / CONSTRUIRE DES PONTS DANS UN MONDE COVIDIEN AUX INEGALITES (TOUJOURS) CROISSANTES
- TRANSFORMING HUMAN LIFESCAPES, ENVIROSCAPES, SOUNDSCAPES AND PSYCHSCAPES AND THE URBAN-RURAL CITYSCAPES: IMPACT OF COVID-19 AND THE URGENCY OF ACHIEV
- COVID-19 INFECTING THE SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT GOALS